Sprint says they won't activate off of IMEI #

Hi, I tried to read through the Q&A forums on the Ringo but I couldn’t really find what I looking for. My Ringo is put together and working but I tried to get a SIM card from sprint and they said the device isn’t compatible just based on my IMEI number. I have the SIM7600A card. The technician said it won’t work because it doesn’t support CDMA. Thanks for the help. I have yet to try a sim card, all of mine are the nano size sims. Thanks.

Hello @Keytawn. There are a handful of forum posts you might want to read up on regarding the SIM7600A-H in the USA, here is one of them:

Currently my Ringo with SIM7600A-H is working for me via 2G with Ting. However, Ting support for the SIM7600A-H will be ending in the USA as of January 2021. Here is the email I received from them:

We’re reaching out to warn you that the major US carriers are on the verge of shutting down their older networks in favor of newer LTE and 5G networks.

From January 2021, older devices including your SIM7600A-H lack the Voice over LTE (VoLTE) technology to connect over these newer networks and will stop working completely with most carriers. Your device could begin to experience issues even sooner.

We realize that this is a difficult time for unexpected expenses. But, at a time where staying connected is more important than ever, the last thing you want to worry about is issues with your service.

We recommend upgrading as soon as possible to avoid service disruption.

I was looking into getting a SIM7600NA-H module from CircuitMess which has better LTE support than the SIM7600A-H, however it turned out that they have none left in stock. My last hope is if @TheWebMachine can broker me one from techship.com since they don’t sell directly to end users unless you have a business account.