915Mhz Frequency and Channel

What frequency and Channel is the Lora Chip using for the 915MHz Range (USA)? I would like to see if I can add my existing Lora Nodes attached to a PC or should I just use an IDE?

1 Like

Hey @R_M,

thank you for your message.

With stock firmware, Chatters are working on a frequency of 868MHz and with a bandwidth of 500khz.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

-Monika from CM

Is there any way to change the firmware to change the frequency. 868 is a commercially licensed band in Australia. We should not be transmitting on it.

1 Like

Hey @Matt_Perkins,

thank you for reaching out.

You can change the frequency on your own.

You do that by downloading the firmware and manually adjusting the code and the frequency.

Here is Chatter’s firmware, and here is the code line on which you’ll change the frequency.

Let me know if you have any further questions,
Monika

can it be programmed to use lora India frequency i.e. 865 ?

1 Like

It should be possible, because the Lora chip DL-LLCC68-S has frequency range from 800 MHz to 960 MHz.

Hey @pushpesh,

Yes, you can change the frequency on your own.

You do that by downloading the firmware and manually adjusting the code and the frequency.

Here is Chatter’s firmware, and here is the code line on which you’ll change the frequency.

Let me know if you have any further questions,
Monika

Can we get a little more instruction? I can connect and python is installed but all I see is how to add more code or modules and don’t know how to pull the firmware to edit the code.

1 Like

Hey @Goocherrific,

this is not something you can do in CirucuitBlocks. If you want to change the frequency of your Chatters, you must compile stock firmware with Arduino.