Any Jay-D users out there?

Now that I have my Jay-D assembled and have been trying it out, are there any other users on here have completed theirs? There’s something I’m curious about speakers, and I’m also wondering if it’s worth having a space for Jay-D discussions.

Is Jay-D shipping started ?

Hi Stephane. I received my Jay-D a few days ago, and going by their social media, CM are working hard to get them out.

1 Like

Yes, Jay-D is shipping and you should receive yours in a few days. Thank you for your patience

Great !
I was not asked for an address or something like it was for spencer ? Normal ? Do you use the previously used adresses ?

Thanks

We use the address from your account. You can see the address if you login via circuitmess.com/my-account

If you need help with that, please reach out to us via contact@circuitmess.com

So i have already assembled with my son… it looks great. How can we get around to play mp3 files ?

Hey, thank you for supporting our work :slight_smile:

Jay-D doesn’t support MP3, it plays AAC file. But don’t worry, you can easily convert your own music from MP3 to a Jay-D compatible format.
This guide explains how to do so: https://circuitmess.com/resources/guides/en/jay-d-usage-guide

Also, if you feel like doing so, please leave a review of your experience with Jay-D on our trustpilot page here:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/circuitmess.com

Reviews help us make better products and reach more customers. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@albertgajsak Can I ask you a technical question regarding the Jay-D speakers? My sound cuts out when the volume is higher than minimum. Headphones work perfectly, and also works fine if I connect either speaker to either socket. Initially, I thought it was maybe a power supply issue, but I have used a different 2.1A supply with the same results.

I note that the speakers are 4Ω each and the TFA9882 has an output impedance of 4Ω. When the speakers are connected in parallel, this surely would make the minimum impedance 2Ω, lower than the amp chip. Works perfectly if I modify slightly and connect the speakers in series, it’s pretty loud in fact! Am I missing something here?

Your sound should not cut out when the volume is higher than minimum. Please record a video of that and send us via contact@circuitmess.com and we’ll look into it and help you. Thank you

Hi there. I signed up for the Box just for the Jay-D. Recieved and built it today. As I am making music with budget synthesizers and devices I was thrilled by the idea of a twin audio player with programmable (?) effects and stuff. I already loaded the Jay-D with drumloops and pad sounds that I can pitch and alter. Good job with the device so far. I am looking forward to the programmer to see what I could do with it. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for supporting our work :slight_smile:

Can you please send us a video of you jamming on the jay-d? We’d be delighted to share that on social.

Also, if the sound effects you have added are royalty free or of your making, you can send them to us and we can add them to the sound repository that we flash onto the devices

Not a user yet, ours just arrived this afternoon. We’ll be putting it together in the next few days, and I’m reading any discussions here to keep up with what everyone else is trying out.

I assembled the Jay-D - quick fun and easy put together - and started playing with it.
2 issues:
AAC crash - when I try to play tracks of my own (yes, in AAC format) the Jay-D crashes. Is there a work around for this?

Headphone jack - The headphone jack does not produce any sound. I know it is detected because when I insert a headphone into the jack during a song play, the speaker’s shut off. This is important because I…want to use the headphone jack to plug the Jay-D into a much much bigger sound system.

shameless plug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYHYVjkdQFM&t=1673s

At first, I had the same problem with the AAC files crashing the Jay-D. The tracks need to be AAC mono, resampled at 24kHz with a bitrate of 64k. I did some experimentation at 128k, and although they work, they do something odd with the track length, and the timings, although they play fine.

I can say that my headphone jack works well, I just had the problem above with the internal speakers when set up as designed.

Nice feather duster btw… :rofl:

If you have FFMpeg here is a command to convert to Jay-D compatible audio format.

ffmpeg -i file.aac -ac 1 -b:a 64k -ar 24000 result.aac

1 Like