Byteboi not working on battery

Hi,

We finally got around to building Byteboi and there seems to be a problem with the battery/charging system. It’s been so long since we received the package, I accepted the fact that the battery could be dead and bought a new one and neither battery old/new will charge.

The byteboi will turn on and function properly when it is plugged in to the USB cord, but once the cord is removed it immediately shuts off and will not turn on unless I reattach the power cord. The self test says everything is ok.

I’ve double checked all of the soldering joints and everything looks good, I don’t know what else to look at.

How can I get this to work off the battery?

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hey @tefoster ,

Please try removing the solder from the silver line on the edges of the PCB:
image.png

Let me know if this helped,
Monika

Hi Monika, my apologies for the switch picture I uploaded, I had actually cleaned it up, but uploaded the wrong picture. At least that is if you were talking about cleaning up the solder for the on/off switch.

Please review the new picture I just uploaded and let me know what’s next.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hey Tom,

thank you for sending the updated photo.

I think it’s best for you to send your device back to us so we can have a look at it and make it work (free of charge). Please send your device to this address:

CircuitMess d.o.o.
Ventilatorska cesta 24
10250 Lučko
Zagreb
Croatia

Before sending the device to us please remove the battery and the casing. Please note to declare the package as a ‘gift’ and the value $20. After you send it, please let us know the tracking number for the package.

After we receive the device, we’ll take a look at it, repair it and ship it back to you. I will send you the tracking number for it.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me here.

Have a great day,
Monika

Hi Monika,

Are there any troubleshooting procedures I can try?

The post office wants almost $40 to ship it to Croatia, so that’s a pretty expensive option. How much would it cost for a new board and switches? That might be a cheaper option depending on the cost.

Thanks,
Tom