Circuit Block for chrome

Hi.
When will you guys add a download for chrome OS? I use a Chromebook.

Hi,

Thank you for supporting our work!

Unfortunately, we do not plan to add Chrome OS support. We support Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms at the moment.

We will consider adding support for more platforms in the future, but I do not have an ETA on when that will happen.

Thank you for your understanding

Hey! I know it’s been a while, but I have a solution! In settings, turn on developer mode. This should give you access in your files to Linux files. Download the linux version, move it into the Linux files, right click, then click “install linux (beta)” You’ve installed circuitblocks on chrome OS!

Ive got everything installed on my chromebook in linux and can run circuitblocks, can compile to binary etc. The only bit I cant get working is getting my daughters new nibble to show up as connected.

It shows up as a device in linux /dev/ttyUSB0 and that device shows up in the ardunio IDE but stubbornly remains as a red dot and “nibble disconnected” in circuitblocks.

Has anyone else seen this and fixed it? Realise i can download from arduino IDE but would be nice for her to have one environment to use it all in that just worked!

Ps she loves her nibble and is produly showing it off to anyone that will listen about her new soldering skills :smile:

Hey! I have an idea. If Arduino IDE recognizes the device, then once you make the code in circuitblocks, copy the code code from the right hand side into Arduino IDE, and upload

Hey Tizzlerbot76!
I tried to install Circuit Block in the Linux container of my Chromebook without success. How did you do that? Did your download a specific release of Circuit Block. When I double click on the .deb file (or when I launch a sudo apt install with it) I get messages saying it can’t install several libs (first one is gtk), which should be automatic isn’t it?
Thanks!
Shrike

2 Likes

Hi @Shrike,

If you’re experiencing any issues with CircuitBlocks, feel free to contact us at contact@circuitmess.com, and we’ll help you immediately.

Sincerely,
Monika from CircuitMess

I have the same problem.

Did you get it sorted?

Unfortunately no, didn’t find a solution yet :frowning:

Guys, we do not have support for ChromeOS and we do not plan to implement it anytime soon since it’s too much work for a very limited number of users.

I hope that you understand.

The platforms we support and will continue supporting are Windows, mac, linux.

Thanks for supporting our work.