CircuitBlocks keeps freezing and won't save sketch

Very frustrating. I am able to program the nibble fine, but circuit blocks always freezes after 30 min. I have written the same program 10+ times :frowning:

When I first start a new program I can save it, but after a few minutes, the save button does nothing. If I click ā€œback to homeā€ it asks if I want to save before closing, but pressing that does nothing, only the two buttons ā€œdonā€™t closeā€ and "close without saving work. What is the deal and why am I the only one who seems to have this incredibly frustrating issue?

I have tried 2 different computers. It was a Christmas present for my son and we had no luck with first computer. Finally got the gumption up to try it again on a new device and same issue.

1 Like

Hi @Marshies,
ļ»æ
ļ»æthank you for reaching out.
ļ»æ
ļ»æPlease try (running the sketch/restoring the firmware) again so the error occurs again, then go back to the home page in CircuitBlocks, scroll to the bottom, and in the footer you will find a ā€œSend error reportā€ button.

Clicking it will open a window showing all the information which will be sent, which includes the error that happened as well as some other info about your system that might help us resolve your problem.

When you click ā€œSend reportā€, the report will be sent to tour servers, and you will get a report ID. Please get back to us with that ID and weā€™ll be able to assist further.
ļ»æ
ļ»æBest regards,
Monika from CircuitMess

OK, I will do that tonight, but I will only be able to do that once I lose the ability to save, and the program hasnā€™t frozen yet. I canā€™t send the error report when it is frozen because it is totally frozen.

1 Like

Re-reading my first post, I did a bad job describing the problem. Iā€™ll try to sum it up:

1. Everthing works fine and I can save the project
  2. Minutes later, I can no longer save
  3. Minutes after this, the CircuitBlocks program freezes completely
1 Like

Hi @Marshies,

Thank you for your reply and explanation.

Did you manage to send a report and get a number ID? If yes, can you send that number to me to check where the issue is?

Sincerely,
Monika from CircuitMess

I had trouble sending the error report because the program would always freeze. I tried to get to the point where I couldnā€™t save and then navigate to the send error link, but every time the program would completely freeze before I could navigate that far. I can try again tonight.

1 Like

Hi @Marshies,

thank you for the reply.

Please, try again, because unfortunately, without that we cannot know whatā€™s going on. Hoping it will be successful! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Monika