Compile error when trying to draw sprite

I’m trying to get one of my custom sprites to display; but when I use the draw sprite command, I get a compile error.

What’s interesting is when I try and draw a shape instead of a sprite, the code runs perfectly.

I was wondering if I’m missing a step - as I am new to coding in Arduino C and Circuitblocks

1 Like

Hey @Morgan,

thank you for reaching out.

Please try (running the sketch/restoring the firmware) again so the error occurs again, then go back to the home page in CircuitBlocks, scroll to the bottom, and in the footer you will find a “Send error report” button.

Clicking it will open a window showing all the information which will be sent, which includes the error that happened as well as some other info about your system that might help us resolve your problem.

When you click “Send report”, the report will be sent to tour servers, and you will get a report ID. Please get back to us with that ID and we’ll be able to assist further.

Best regards,
Monika

1 Like

Done! the error ID should be 1468

1 Like

Thank you so much, Morgan!

I’ll forward this to our lead programmer and he’ll contact you with the solution.

Sincerely,
Monika

1 Like

Hey @Morgan,

thank you for your patience.

It looks like there was a mistake in our code.
Our software team fixed it, and they’ll push the update today. After that, you should be able to compile the code without a problem.

Sincerely,
Monika

1 Like

Good to hear! I’m excited about the update!

1 Like

Hey Monika,

Sorry to be a bother, but since I’ve downloaded the update, all my projects display a white screen (including the Byteboi example projects). Restoring the firmware seems to work fine though!

I also wanted to thank you guys for being super responsive and going out of your way to fix these issues!

1 Like

Hey @Morgan,

thank you for your comment.

We are so sorry to hear this.

Can you send me a screenshot?

Sincerely,
Monika

1 Like

Hey Monika, thanks for replying!

I tried running the display example under the byteboi section. I have attached pictures of the results.
Uploading: 308672799_614666086813509_4738785429011832301_n.jpg…

1 Like

Hey @Morgan,

thank you for your reply.

We pushed another CircuitBlockst update, and your code should work right now.

Please try it out!

-Monika

1 Like

It works now!

I’ll let you know if I come across anything else.

Thank you!

1 Like