Converting bitmap to code (Linux)

Hey all! I’m working on a game for Ringo and I need to convert some bitmaps. However, it appears that the Image Converter 565 tool referenced here is only for Windows. Is the source code available for Image Converter 565, or is there another converter solution that anyone is aware of that can run on Linux?

For what it’s worth, I also tried to compile the other LCD image converter tool that is mentioned (https://github.com/riuson/lcd-image-converter).

qmake runs fine, however during the make process my compiler is throwing an error:

classes/imageeditor/toolfill.cpp:194:41: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘const class QPainterPath’
  194 |     if (!this->mParameters->selectedPath().isEmpty()) {
      |          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~
In file included from /usr/include/qt/QtGui/qtransform.h:43,
                 from /usr/include/qt/QtGui/qimage.h:48,
                 from /usr/include/qt/QtGui/QImage:1,
                 from classes/imageeditor/toolfill.h:24,
                 from classes/imageeditor/toolfill.cpp:20:
/usr/include/qt/QtGui/qmatrix.h:54:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class QPainterPath’
   54 | class QPainterPath;

Hey there,

One of our colleagues had the same problem, since he is one of the rare ones in the company that uses Linux on a daily basis.

So instead of looking for a program or doing all of the work manually - he wrote one!

Pretty simple and works ONLY on Linux. You should be able to do it in no time.

P.S. It can convert your entire folder all at once. :wink:

h̶t̶t̶p̶s̶:̶/̶/̶g̶i̶t̶h̶u̶b̶.̶c̶o̶m̶/̶C̶i̶r̶c̶u̶i̶t̶M̶e̶s̶s̶/̶B̶i̶t̶m̶a̶p̶S̶t̶u̶d̶i̶o̶

Cheers,
Robert

That is fantastic news @robertCM, I like the way your colleague thinks! Only one small problem, that link throws a 404 page not found error :sweat_smile: Is that repo set to private?

Yup…definitely private. haha

BitmapStudio-master.zip (3.3 KB)

Sorry about that!

Here it is - feel free to check it out. :smiley:

Robert

2 Likes

Worked perfectly, thank you @robertCM!

1 Like