Craig Page's Asteroids

I’ve made my own Asteroids game!

I’ve created the graphics myself, and it only renders lines during gameplay to produce randomly shaped asteroids, each rotating individually. Includes music I’ve made myself too.
The aim of the game is to destroy as many asteroids as possible and get the high score! Challenge your friends to beat your score! Enjoy!

Download from my OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmpTK7vG_mwFlmCXhL8--bssD-4o
myasteroids5

I’m not sure if I’ve completely finished it yet, I want to look in to optimising the code so it would run smoother. You may find that the game slows slightly as more asteroids are rendered at once. The discussion about optimising my code is elsewhere in this forum, I will link it if required.

3 Likes

I had been meaning to check this out for a while, but I only now managed to find the time. I have never been very good at Asteroids, but I have to say your version is really impressively done. I was really surprised by the title screen! What did you use to make/convert the music you used for the title screen?

You seem to have gotten the performance reasonably under control, because the game is still playable even when there are lots of asteroids on the screen. Sorry I didn’t get a chance to take a closer look at the code you posted in the other thread, but I didn’t see any obvious things to improve when I looked at it briefly. I’m glad you were able to get it performing well enough.

I did get spawned inside the center of a large asteroid more than once, and I couldn’t get out before my invulnerability wore off. Also, could you destroy yourself with your own shots in the original asteroids?