How to set and save a highscore

Hello, I want to know how you can set and save a highscore in any game. I donĀ“t have an example code but I want to include a highscore in the game: ā€œBlocksbuinoā€! Any ideas?

Hey, sorry for the slow reply here.

You can see the way highscores were handled in the code of another game called UFO race by Aurelien Rodot:

We unfortunately do not have a dedicated tutorial on how to embed high-scores in your games, we might think about writing such an article in the future

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I hope I can deal with that example code.

Let me know if you need further help and Iā€™ll try to help you out

1 Like

Hey again, I want to add the highscore function to the Makerbuino games which donĀ“t have it. (Like BlocksBuino) Because without the highscore function the games arenĀ“t completely. :frowning:
Maybe you could add the function by yourself! I would be so happy about this. But even if you donĀ“t do that I would try to do it by myself. The ony problem is, that I donĀ“t have enough knowledge to do this. So sorry for the long text at the end my only wish is: Please add a highscore to every game that need it! Thank you.

Hi Nick,

thank you for your reply.

We will try to do that as soon as possible, but currently weā€™re really short on time and working on some new interesting products.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

1 Like