LEDs stopped working (fixed)

Iā€™m not sure how i did it but i managed to kill all the LEDs on my phone :crying_cat_face:

trying to fiure out where the problem is, I donā€™t find any voltage on the VLED line. like if i go into the flashlight app & turn it on, I dont read any voltage at all on VLED

From what i see on the schematic it looks like VLED comes from U$10G$2 and Q2.2A. can anyone tell me where those two parts are on the (4G) main board?

Also - while hunting for those parts I noticed Q2.5 is missing on my board. itā€™s near one of the mounting holes for the LCD (the lower right hole) and i have a bad feeling i may have knocked it off while tightening the nut. does anyone know what Q2.5 did?

or is q2.5 on the physical board q2.2a on the schematics? maybe thatā€™s why my LEDs arenā€™t working but nothing else seems broken?

thanks!

ok i should have dug deeper before posting that but heres what i found after following the traces on the board

q2.2a on the schematics is q2.5 on the board
u$10G$2 on the schematics is u$20 on the board
:pouting_cat:

makes it hard to debug & mess with hardware when the schematics dont match the product

anyways

so as a bodge solution i just jumped VSIM straight to VLED and now the LEDs work again

I get that the idea was to control power to the LEDs with SIM_DTR but as long as the LEDs arent actually lit up iā€™m sure their power draw is negligible so it shouldnā€™t matter a whole lot

its probably not a great solution if using the SIM7600 while the LEDs are on? maybe thats why VLED was switched? idk.

point is i got blinky lights again
:smiley_cat:

The DTR pin needs to turn off the LEDs when the phone is in sleep mode because of a current leakage that we didnā€™t know how else to fix.

Weā€™ll look into fixing the schematics in the coming months, thanks for pointing that out.

Ah, thanks for explaining about the current leak in sleep mode!

Iā€™ll keep a closer look on the battery status to see if my fix has resulted in a faster battery drain.