MAKERbuino Screen Fail

Hello,
Was able to assemble the MAKERbuino successfully first try. However, upon demonstration to a friend, the screen failed to load the SD card (light still on, blank screen) - Tried ‘C’ Button reset multiple times, could hear sounds and adjust contrast/brightness, still blank screen. Continued to try to charge the device but when I plugged it in the screen completely failed - no backlight, no image. I read forums of screens failing… What would you suggest to be a solution?
Thank you,
Ryan.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for supporting our work and I am sorry for the problems that you’re experiencing.

The screen is indeed the most fragile part of the MAKERbuino because they’re upcycled from old Nokia phones. We’re working on changing this in the 2020 revision of the MAKERbuino.

Please, can you post a few photos of your console’s front and back side without the casing attached so that we can check your soldering joints?

thanks and don’t worry, we’ll help you make your MAKERbuino work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love the prompt response as this was a gift and the person who gave it to me is sad for the fail!

Please note - I Detached the speaker for ease of movement in self diagnosis.

Also, the screen solder contacts are all A-OK. I thought one may have been bridged so removed any possible touching solder (you may be able to see this on the middle pins of the screen soldering in picture 1)

@Ryan_Thomas, thank you for the photos.
Your soldering joints look really good, well done.

is your screen currently working but sometimes failing or is the console currently completely blank?

At this point it’s a complete fail, zero activity on the screen

I’m sorry to hear that.

Please, send us the console to our address:
CircuitMess,
Maksimilijana Vrhovca 11,
47000 Karlovac,
Croatia

We cannot help you remotely any further so I’ll personally fix your console and get it returned to you.

You only need to send us the circuit board in order to make the package as light as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Albert

Okay. Thank you very much for the solution. I will send this on Monday ASAP. I will include notes about this thread and issues with the package.

Ryan

Thank you very much!

Keep us posted! :slight_smile:

My screen has also gone. Very disappointing as I was only just beginning my hacking journey

@mike.egner
I am sorry to hear that you’re having problems with your screen.

Please, open a new topic in the support category and tell us more about your problem and we’ll help you out.

Thank you for your patience and understanding

Hello!

Package was successfully delivered on Monday, February 10. Wondering when I am to expect the fixed unit? Thanks!

Hey Ryan,

We got your MAKERbuino and I took a quick look at it and got it working, we’ll be sending it back to you very soon! Can you send us an email to contact@circuitmess.com so we can get back to you with the tracking number. Thanks!

Hi,
I sent the contact email a message asking for the tracking number of my package but never received it. Can you please send this to the email associated with my account?
Thank you.

1 Like

We’ve seen your email and will revert with a tracking number as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hello Albert My Makerbuino came already constructed, and the screen will not turn on. Can you please help me?

Hey!

Did you try to charge the console first with the cable you’ve received?

Robert