Makerbuino stopped working, please help! [SOLVED]

Hi,
I have a Makerbuino and it was working for a good week. I decided to play around with it when I accidentally formatted the sd card. I have reformatted it with fat16 and put the files on it which I got from a friend that also has a Makerbuino. Now when I turn it on it is very glitchy and when I go to select a game the screen sometimes goes white. I can still hear sound from the speaker. Any help would be great as I think I have really broken my Makerbuino :unamused:.

Also I have tried doing the C button reset but still nothing :sleepy:
Any help is awesome !

@Robbie1155, I am sorry for the problems that you’re experiencing.

Can you please try formatting the card again and filling it with the official repository found here:
http://www.makerbuino.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/MAKERbuino-SD-game-compilation.zip

Thank you for your patience.

Don’t worry as we’ll help you make your MAKERbuino work :slight_smile:

Hi,
I have formatted it to Fat16 and coppied the files onto the sd card and now it shows a Reading Sd card screen forever.
I think I will check the solder joints and post photos of them in the morning as it is currently very late at night where I am.

Hi Robbie,

Did you unzip the files first?

Also, please try reinserting the SD card a couple of times too in order to clean the dust particles in the SD socket.

I did unzip the files they look like this :

I have inserted the SD card in and out a few times along with pulling out the micro controller and putting it back in.
I do not think the display is broken because I have another on exactly like it and the two displays do the same thing when I try the other one.

Here is the other display that I have doing the same thing :

Here are my soldering joints :

I think the problem is either the SD card socket, soldering on the board or the Micro Controller.

It is doing this weird thing now. I couldn’t find a way to upload a video to the forum so I uploaded it on another site here is a link. It is turning on and going beep-beep-beep-beep. :thinking:

@albertgajsak What do you recommend ?

Hey,

Thank you for your message.

Please, send us the console to our address:
CircuitMess,
Maksimilijana Vrhovca 11,
47000 Karlovac,
Croatia

We cannot help you remotely any further so I’ll personally fix your console and get it returned to you.

You only need to send us the circuit board in order to make the package as light as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Albert

@albertgajsak Thank you for your assistance so far I will let you know when I have shipped the package.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

@albertgajsak Hi Albert,
Should I include return shipping ?

No, we’ll cover that :slight_smile:

@albertgajsak Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

@albertgajsak Sent it today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great, thanks for the update!

@albertgajsak Hi,
Just wondering how the console is going, if you have received it.
Thanks,
Robbie

Hey Robbie,

Can you please provide me with the tracking number for that package?

I do not recall receiving your console…