Makerphone library configuration management issue

When installing the Makerphone/Ringo library (Ringo by Circuitmess Library) in the Arduino IDE, I am only offered version 1.0.0. There is no way to install version 1.0.1 instead. And version 1.0.0 is very curious in that presssing the Home (little house) button while running my own program (or one of your games, which are apparently also linked with the 1.0.0 library) results in a strange ā€œalternateā€ white home screen that is labeled ā€œHomeā€ but has a settings menu on it as well as notifications. But a sleep/wake cycle results in the normal (but older) cyan lock screen.

Also, certain member functions added since version 1.0.0 (such as clear() for the display) are not available in this older library.

How can I install version 1.0.1 of the library into the Arduino IDE so that Iā€™ll have access to the latest library functions?

Hey Frank,

Arduino IDE has some troubles with getting the library 1.0.1 due to some version tagging, itā€™s a really strange one and we will re-upload everything when the 1.0.2 version comes out since itā€™s practically impossible to do it now without deleting everything there.

The 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 version both have same ā€œwhiteā€ menus when in game - itā€™s an alternate menu that allows you to change settings while in-game in order to stay on that .bin file and not switch back to the firmware.bin, which would take time and delete your current game progress.

The clear() function is practically fillScreen(TFT_BLACK) which does the same thing.

The only way to get the 1.0.1 version to Arduino IDE is to download it directly from GitHub and placing it in the libraries folder which holds the libraries downloaded from Arduino Library manager, which is not so hard to do, especially if you have some previous Arduino IDE experience. If you need help with it, Iā€™m at your disposal.

When we release a 1.0.2 version we will push it to Arduino and weā€™ll post an update on the forum as well.

Sorry for the issues but itā€™s the best we can do at the moment, Iā€™ll help you in any way I can! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Robert