New case for the Ringo

@John wow this is awesome!

Thanks for sharing the files with the community as well.

Iā€™ve shared this on social media, I hope this is ok with you (https://www.facebook.com/albert.gajsak/)

1 Like

Thank you @albertgajsak! Iā€™m happy to share :slight_smile: and glad you shared them on Facebook, maybe more people will want to try printing it out!

I have hit a snag on my end in terms of making molds: my 3D printer jammed badly and is not running until further notice, so I canā€™t make silicone molds. I put some cheaper filament through it and really messed up the hot end, I installed a new nozzle and feed tube but no luck, the printer is displaying error messages and shutting itself down.

If anyone is keen enough to want to try making their own silicone parts and doesnā€™t want to wait for me to repair/replace my printer, please let me know and we can figure something out, otherwise Iā€™ll be back with better equipment soon!

1 Like

Hope you werenā€™t waiting longā€¦ because a new and infintely better printer is arriving Thursday :slight_smile: Iā€™ll post an update when Iā€™m printing again!

Back in business! Next update will be to show the silicone casting results and another assembled case in a couple days :slight_smile: I want to see what the results look like on this new setup but I fully expect these will be sellable prints!

2 Likes

The new machine looks awesome!

1 Like

Thanks @albertgajsak, so far itā€™s running great! I will definitely be able to sell these cases soon, working on getting settings right but already itā€™s good to go!

Clear is actually clear now, the case feels much stronger and smoother as well despite lowering the infill from 100% to 30%:

Did notice some odd dimesional inconsistenciesā€¦ this print is a millimeter or two larger in some dimensions when compared to a case from my old delta. I suspect itā€™s not an issue and Iā€™ll know for sure soon. The new mold is coming out next, canā€™t wait to see the casting!

2 Likes

Looking great!

Which printer are you using?

This is the Artiller Sidewinder X1 v4, so far itā€™s been running every day since Thursday without problems. Itā€™s whisper-quiet which is amazing because my last printer sounded like a CNC mill! 3D printing has been a pretty great pandemic pass-time so far and this was a welcome improvement.

Regarding dimensional variations: I found that when switching from my FLSUN Kossel to this that I went from underextruding (a lot probably) to overextruding slightly, so some pieces needed some tolerances backed off even after flow calibrating the new printer. I hope that this is it for adjustments because I just want to use the darn thing for a while! Good news is that only the retainer and button caps needed to change this time so everything else stays as it was. I will update all files shortly with final ones once Iā€™m happy with things again, coming soon!

Regarding silicone: the new mold looks great and isnā€™t changing anymore!

1 Like

Together at last :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Finished one in yellow too, this one took a great deal longer because I just bought a puppy and all my free time disappeared! GrabCAD will be updated with the final models later today. Itā€™s been a lot of fun developping this and I enjoy using it, Iā€™m really going to enjoy functional voicemail and an alarm clock whenever thereā€™s an update, but for now itā€™s still great fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes