New game console - Nibble

Hi there CircuitMess Community,

Meet our new game console and the heir of MAKERbuino - Nibble! :yellow_heart:
We achieved many milestones in the past 3 and a half years of development, which led to presenting this console. :video_game:
Some of them are 128 prototypes, 15 000 MAKERbuinos sold, 2 000 customer feedback emails, and 22 new employees!
Make sure to learn more about it on our webpage.
Also, you can use the 25% discount code LAUNCH25 that’s valid for the first 50 purchases. :running_man:
Let us know what you think about it!

-Marija from CircuitMess

5 Likes

whats different between Nibble and the Byteboi device?

Looks amazing and uses popular ESP8266. I would like to port CircuitOS and Nibble-Launcher for my espboy.com project with similar hardware.

2 Likes

@ESP.boy, your project is super neat, well done!

The code is open-sourced under an MIT license so you have all the rights to do that! :slight_smile:

Just please, give us a little credit when communicating with your fans and perhaps send me a photo or a video here or via direct messages so that I can share it on our social media.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi there,
we developed Nibble based on MAKERbuino feedback and when compared to it, Nibble is better in all aspects. We did a similar thing with ByteBoi and decided to add it to the STEM Box campaign that you can still support on Indiegogo. ByteBoi will have a bigger screen, Li-Po battery, it will be able to connect to Wheelson (another cool product from our STEM Box), and you’ll be able to program it in MakeCode Arcade. Also, while Nibble’s age group is 9+, ByteBoi’s age group will be 11+!
Hope that helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there,
Can I have the web link for Nibble’s Schematic?

I have recently received my nibble box, looks amazing.
I am very exited to assemble it soon.

Thanks

I received my Nibble here in Tennessee, USA yesterday. It was delivered by DHL and was in excellent condition. I successfully assembled it today. The only difficulty I had was getting the case layers in the correct order and the right way around. I realize your web site favors photos in its resources but would it be possible to create a single drawing with all layers shown in their proper order and orientation? Other than that it works great. Thanks.

unfortunately Nibble games code is not available ( https://github.com/CircuitMess/Nibble-Launcher/tree/master/src/Games

I have assembled the game today, everything is working fine except the “UP” button. it’s not working, I checked the button, it’s all OK. I tried de-soldering the button and replaced with the new one, but it’s not working at all. Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Hi there, here is the link to Nibble schematics! :slight_smile:

Hi! Could you please send us a photo of your soldering joints to see if there’s anything that can be fixed there?
Don’t worry, we’ll figure that out :slight_smile:

Hi, kindly check, photos are attached.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for sending the photos! Could you please post in a Support category so in case anyone else has the same problem, they’ll easily find the topic? I’m looking into the possible solution and I’ll get back to you as soon as I have something :slight_smile:

Hey there, good thing I opened this thread! :smile:
Seems we had a slip when Nibble was launching and forgot to make the game repositories public. I fixed that now and you can access the game code.

Have fun :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Excellent!
Thank you so much )

Hi all,

we got our Nibbles and my kids (6,8) are happy with them!
Our question is can we install normally MakerBuino games on Nibble?
For example from this page: https://circuitmess.com/resources/creations

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello!

MAKERbuino games unfortunately won’t work on the nibble without heavy modifications as the devices use different microcontrollers and architectures. However, in the future we’ll be adding more games to the Nibble and among them will be some games that are currently on the MAKERbuino :slightly_smiling_face:

Filip

Hi Marija,

I was looking for a feedback thread but I couldn’t find anything so I hope this will do, yesterday my son and I (he’s 8, I did the complicated soldering) built our Nibble and its great, I can hear those tactile buttons clicking beside me as we speak.

A couple of issues that I’d like to provide feedback on:

Soldering iron – I am in Canada and was part of the Kickstarter, the soldering iron we received was barely able to keep the tip hot enough to melt soldier even though we had it cranked all the way up (the sticker text was too small to read so I dont know what the temperature was) I saw in the documentation that some folks got a USB soldering iron.

My suggestion is that you add the soldering iron to a kit as a separate item automatically in the cart (and warn users if they take it out that is is required), this way you can charge for a decent quality one. I don’t know if all the backers got the same kind of soldering iron but I would have paid an extra bit of money for a quality one as opposed to the included one. While the included iron works, its really not feasible to continue to use, (maybe to keep as a backup if I am really stuck).

My seocnd suggestion is that the software development tools and tutorials required a bit of searching to find/get after the build, perhaps it could be more clear on the next steps for the software part of the project, such as a link to: Nibble coding - first steps - Circuitmess Resources

Despite these two suggestions above the rest of the experience was great, my son and I were able to build the Nibble (though I did have an issue with one of the soldering joints on the screen) resolve our standing issues and he is excited now to try and code something for the hand-held whereas before he was not.

Thank you very much for the positive experience and I hope the feedback is useful!

1 Like

Hi @rkvirani,

thank you for your feedback.

We are so glad to hear that you assembled a Nibble and hope you had lots of fun while doing so.

We’re sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the soldering iron you got in the kit.

We’ll definitely consider your feedback in the future.

Sincerely,
Monika from CircuitMess

Do you know when that will come? i would love a larger library of games for my nibble.