Nibble malfunctions after adding custom game

To Whom This My Concern,

We completed constructing the nibble and had it fully operational. My son attempted to upload a game to the nibble. After doing so, all of the issues started. Screen turning white, now is is completely black, and won't boot up. We tried to do the restore firmware button in the circuit blocks app on our Mac OS 10.15.7.  

The following is the error message received after attempting to restore the firmware:

Uncaught Exception:
TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The “path” argument must be of type string. Received type object
at validateString (internal/validators.js:112:11)
at Object.join (path.js:1040:7)
at IpcMain. (/Applications/CircuitBlocks.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/core/files/arduinoCompile.js:259:42)
at IpcMain.emit (events.js:203:13)
at WebContents. (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:3883:15)
at WebContents.emit (events.js:203:13)

I have uploaded photos of the soldering in case this helps diagnose the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

S/F
George

1 Like

This is the back side of the soldering related to the screen.

Hey @george.custodio,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please try restoring the firmware again once the error occurs, then click the send error report button and send me the number you receive.

Thank you,
Monika

Also, you can try resoldering some of the soldering joints.

This is the image that can help you with that:

Also, please check the following soldering tutorials:

1. Adafruit’s video tutorial featuring Collin Cunningham
  2. Adafruit’s standard soldering tutorial
  3. Sparkfun’s video soldering tutorial 4) Sparkfun’s standard soldering tutorial

If you don’t manage to get your device to work, please contact me again and I’ll help you further. :slight_smile:

-Monika

good morning, the following text is the error message received when attempting to conduct a firmware reset.

Please see below. I also attached the screen shot of the error - also below.

Image 3-25-23 at 11.55 AM

Uncaught Exception:

TypeError [ERR_INVALID_ARG_TYPE]: The “path” argument must be of type string. Received type object

at validateString (internal/validators.js:112:11)

at Object.join (path.js:1040:7)

at IpcMain. (/Applications/CircuitBlocks.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/build/core/files/arduinoCompile.js:259:42)

at IpcMain.emit (events.js:203:13)

at WebContents. (electron/js2c/browser_init.js:3883:15)

at WebContents.emit (events.js:203:13)

2 Likes

Hey @george.custodio,

thank you so much.

Can you please try to run the code again, once the error appears, click on the send error report button and send me the number you receive.

Thank you in advance,
Monika