Hi there. I received my Jay-D and put it together and was incredibly excited to play around with it, but it doesn’t appear to actually be functional from my experience. I tried emailing [email protected] but just got a generic reply from “Dorotea” that you’d consider the feedback for future updates.
They also said that it’s not a professional product and is intended for Educational Purposes, but I don’t know how that’s possible given the list of issues below. Please either address these properly in an email reply or feel free to address these issues here.
- To change one of the 2 tracks, you need to completely stop the music while it loads the tracks stored, then load the song. I expected this to at least let you keep the other track going during this process. Is it possible to change this with software or is it a hardware limitation?
- Audio can only be 64kbps AAC files. That’s honestly really bad for music. Is there any capability for better audio quality?
- No support using the circuit blocks app yet, or any actual coding documentation/tutorials. When can we expect this? (This was the only point addressed, saying it would be out “in the upcoming few days”. Any specific updates on this would be great if possible)
- You can’t beat-match anything or “scratch” since it only goes back and forth in 1 second steps after a brief pause in playback. They’re knobs, but they’re stepped and there’s no way to smoothly move back and forth in a track. Is this expected, and can it be fixed with software? A reply on Facebook indicated that you could scratch, so I hope this wasn’t a straight-up lie.
- You also can’t listen to a muted track in any way to line up the beats. Is there any capability for the headphone jacket to let you listen in to a track for beat matching purposes, or is there only a single audio output across the device?
- All inputs, including the sliders, are delayed noticeably. Is this a software or hardware issue?
- It also keeps skipping at certain points with the preloaded songs, which really isn’t good. Not sure if this is just my unit or not.
- I can’t imagine anyone producing anything with this device as keeps on being advertised. Can you show a video or something of someone who developed or tested this having done so? At most, there’s a video on your YouTube channel showing someone fiddling with a few filters and crossfading once, but not actually doing anything even close to mixing music which is the primay advertised function of this product.
Again, if someone could actually address these issues, that’d be great. Thanks.
My subscription renewed today since I forgot about it after having all these issues, and I’d really like to cancel that if possible, especially after the unexpectedly bad functionality of the Jay-D. I also got a reply saying a refund wasn’t possible due to your policies, and then asking for information on why I didn’t like the “Spencer” which is not what I ordered.