Pac-man clone for nibble?

My son and I just finished building the nibble – so far, it’s great! It was fun to build and it’s been cool to see him enjoying the classic games that are included.

The first game he asked me for was pac-man. does anyone know if there’s a version that can work on the Nibble? I saw that there is one for makerbuino but best I can tell it doesn’t work on nibble.

thanks for any pointers!

I don’t know why it wouldn’t, it would be in black and white but it should work

1 Like

Oh cool! I’ll try it. I assume I just need to download the source from GitHub and install using Arduino IDE?

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Mac OS X), Board: "Nibble, 80 MHz, Flash, Legacy (new can return nullptr), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 4MB (FS:2MB OTA:~1019KB), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 115200"

In file included from /Users/jdickens/Downloads/PAK-MAN_MAKERbuino/PAK-MAN_MAKERbuino.ino:34:0:
/Users/schwa23/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Gamebuino_Classic/Gamebuino.h:25:23: fatal error: avr/sleep.h: No such file or directory
 #include <avr/sleep.h>
                   ^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Nibble.

hmm looks like I need to some extra setup to port it to nibble. I installed the Gamebuino library but it seems like the avr library isn’t present.

try CircuitBlocks, it automaticly has all of the libraries preinstaled

try this link put the download in circuit-blocks as a nibble project, then save it to the sd card

1 Like

Will try, thank you!

if that works then this link should have a lot of working games

Alas, it doesn’t work, at least if I just copy-paste the code. I also can’t seem to figure out how to include multiple files in a circuit-blocks project.

your son would probably learn a lot making a Pakman clone, and honestly, if you can’t get it to work, I think making a new one is the only way, I’ll put you through to guides so you can see some how-to’s

here

Hello!

The pak-man game for MAKERbuino unfortunately won’t work on the nibble without heavy modifications as the devices use different microcontrollers and architectures. However, in the future we’ll be adding more games to the Nibble and you can rest assured that a pac-man clone is on the list of games that will be added :slightly_smiling_face:

Filip