Ringo Update #2 - CircuitBlocks and new firmware update!

Hey,

Has this been the problem before? I assumed from your last post that you had no issues before, so this must be something new, right?

I just tested it out on several PCs and all seems to be working well.

Can you maybe try to uninstall it (both CircuitBlocks and Arduino) and install it back again?

Also, trying a different cable and port is never a bad idea. There is a possibility that a cable is just bad - we’ve tested them all but it can go wrong in a hurry.

Hit me up when you try something!

Cheers,
Robert

I’ve never tested uploading a CB-sketch or restoring the firmware before as I never had the time until yesterday evening. But I guess it never worked in the first place.

I can exclude the cable and the ports as a possible fault. I was over at a friend when I encountered those problems. He tried restoring the firmware via CircuitBlocks using his PC and my usb cable and it worked. And I was able to upload a sketch from my laptop using the Arduino IDE as I said. This means uploading a program to the Ringo basically works, even if the compiling process takes a whole lot of time.

Thanks in advance!

Since you wrote that you have a ‘development’ laptop, I can only guess that you do a lot of different stuff and programming there, which is cool!

But that also leaves the possibility that some of the default settings regarding Arduino and ‘serial’ have been change and that may cause troubles with CircuitBlocks. A tiny line of code is capable of messing everything up and we’re still working on making CB more stable in the future.

I guess a clean installation on some other PC will work just fine. :slight_smile:

Try it and give us the feedback!

Thanks,
Robert