SIM not recognised

Hey guys,

SIM trays were tested several times so I really think that the connection shouldn’t be a problem (it’s 99.9% percent).

@Lightmatrix it indicates that the SIM card is not inserted. So the options are that the card is wrongly inserted, or that it is for some reason not recognized by the device.

@King.Toby I don’t understand what do you mean that ‘SIM slot is not recognized at all’. If you have a SIM icon with the exclamation mark at all time, it means that the phone doesn’t read a SIM card. I would suggest that you try to maybe hold the SIM card with your finger closer to the phone (press it) and then restart the phone. If it works like that it means that the socket is not holding the card properly.

Followup: I received a replacement main board and network module. With these my phone now works - the SIM card is recognized and all is well. I then tried the original network module and that worked as well, so it looks like I had a defective main board.

1 Like

Hey Will,

Glad everything works now, hope it was worth the wait!

Now get on to the fun stuff! :smiley:
Cheers,
Robert

Hey I know this is an old thread but I’m having similar problems. Just built my phone, sim card has gold pins facing upwards, but when going through the setup wizard I get the “SIM card not found” error. As far as I’m aware, every other aspect of the phone works fine. Any idea what the problem is?

And the notched corner is visible at the upper left (I.e.: the notched end is on the outside)?

Did you try to make a call with it? The setup wizard may say there is an error where there really isn’t sometimes.