Siri for Ringo pitch

To anyone who can program well, I think it would be cool to add a “Siri” to Ringo phones. Something that could call someone when it heard “call”. Or something that could let you navigate the home screen by telling it which app you want it to open. I would do this myself, but I have yet to learn advanced coding or anything like that, so if anyone with knowledge of coding is interested, please let me know and I will give you more details. I think this would be a great addition to the Ringo and would make it a little bit more fun. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey there!

That’s a cool idea, but that is a whole another project we’re working on - https://www.circuitmess.com/spencer/.

Adding a personal assistant and voice recognition takes up a lot of space, which is already very limited on Ringo, so without some modifications it would be pretty much impossible!

Also, this is a project that has been in works for some time, and it’s really not that easy, so getting it to Ringo would be a reaaally long project! :smiley:

But nevertheless, cool idea!

Robert

2 Likes

With 2MB OTA flash partitions and 512kb (EDIT: 320kb) SRAM at our disposal, an assistant would have the absolute worst sounding voice ever! Anyone else remember the old late '90s-early '00s text-to-speech apps for Windows? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

That’s because coding is an old term for binary developers writing software for translators in between the main system and BIOS. Coders were responsible for assembly language. You mean “programming” or “software development”.

There are a few of us very interested in connecting Ringo to Google Home or Amazon Echo. Unfortunately, these AIs comes as discrete chips on your phone. A few fake apps claim to be Siri or OK, Google. They are c+p programs that either use other voice assistants or the programs connect to Siri/Cortana themselves.

I am not one of those interested in this project. I would like to see a video for this in the future. We will have to wait for the community.