Spencer not connecting

Spencer does not connect, keep getting error “no compatible devices found”. Please help. We have tried different computers and it does not want to connect.

1 Like

Hi @Camilo100,

thank you for reaching out.

Could you please send me a few photos of the device (showing all of the soldering joints) to contact@circuitmess.com or monika@circuitmess.com?

Thank you in advance,
Monika

Hello,

Please see pic of soldering, since I can only put one pic at a time I’ll send the other pics on a separate message. FYI: When we plug Spencer in he talks and asks to connect to the computer, that’s when it shows no compatible devices found. Thanking you in advance for your help.

Hi, here is another picture of the soldering.

Hi. Is is the third picture of the soldering.

Hello again. Here is the last picture of the soldering.

Hello @Camilo100 ,

thank you for sending the photos.

You’ll need to try and fix your soldering points. This is the image that can help you with that:

Also, please check the following soldering tutorials: 1) Adafruit’s video tutorial featuring Collin Cunningham 2) Adafruit’s standard soldering tutorial 3) Sparkfun’s video soldering tutorial 4) Sparkfun’s standard soldering tutorial

Also, you have to make sure that there’s no unnecessary solder on board. Everything has to be clean; otherwise, the device won’t work.

If you don’t manage to get your device to work, please contact me again and I’ll help you further. :slight_smile:

I’m sending you circled soldering joints that need to be fixed