Understanding homePopup()

While working on an app, I find the following conditions to be consistent of the homePopup():

• When in a supplied game like Invaderz, pressing HOME brings up the homePopup() and exiting from this returns you directly into the game where you left off.
  • However, when I press HOME in my custom apps, I get the homePopup() called but exiting from this “reboots” into the Main Loader instead of returning to my app.

So, what am I missing here? I have looked at the Invaderz code and I don’t see any special preparations for homePopup() to allow this return to happen properly. I’m at a loss. For now, I’ve employed mp.homePopupEnable(0) to disable homePopup() entirely and am using my own function for that button, but I would love to be able to get into…and out of…homePopup() properly.

EDIT: I also noticed that I have to employ mp.inCall=1 to prevent Ringo from trying to sleep. If allowed to attempt it, the display doesn’t actually sleep…but “waking” it will result in a “reboot” back to Loader (I think I’ve seen this symptom described by someone else before, but struggle to find the thread again). I feel like maybe I’m failing to include some critical parameter, function call, or something else that is resulting is this unusual behavior. I’ve searched in the included game sources for clues (since they manage to all behave properly with these two functions), but haven’t hit on anything that stands out yet.