VCC and clockrate

This is actually a question - I think everyone will be curious about.

I have added Palm Pilot to the Serbots service list.
This is because the Palm series is essentially a proprietary Arduino platform.

Through experimenting and research, my 7x is way different than my Palm 3.
One of the reasons is the company making it (models).
The huge difference between 7 and 3 is the dialup internet. A service which used radio for at the time. The 6v radio module battery was a rechargeable. This sucked the life out of your 6v batteries just to get news for a day. It was unreasonable even at that time. Having to fix up your palm every other day. My solution was to remove the battery.
The result was fairly satisfactory. 4 days of life with very annoying messages about the radio module cell. Its claims and notifications ran my battery up. I finally decided to get a Palm 3.

Let’s take a look at the Palm microcontroller vs Arduino.

• The Palm 7x uses a 20mhz Motorola processor. 3v battery equals 3 1/2 days of life.
    -The Arduino Uno likes 6Vs. It runs a 16mhz Atmega processor. 3v battery equals 0 days of life.

• The Palm 3(3COM) uses a 16mhz Motorola processor. 3v battery should mean about 2 weeks of life with minor use.
    -The Arduino Mini uses an 8mhz Atmega processor. 2 AAA battery should turn your Mini on. That’s about it.

What information can this community provide to explain the changes in our processors and software that influence our modern projects in contrast to the old company devices?

(I’d like to add that this question came about from the initial finding that higher clockrate devices require more power in order to run certain games)

This article says you only need one AAA cell to run Arduino.

single cell arduino

It uses a “booster”. Does this explain anything?