Wheelson Stopped Working - New Post

Hi,

I made a post a while ago about this issue but I didn’t follow up on it. I replied to the old post and it has not received any attention, so I am creating a new post. Sorry for the duplicate! I was asked to send the unit back for repair and below is my follow up reply.

I went to the post office today and it was almost $60.00 US to ship it back to you. Before I do that can you give me a couple troubleshooting idea’s? Like I said earlier, this thing used to work perfectly, I let it sit for a while and plugged it and it was dead. My immediate thought is the battery is dead, but checking it with a multimeter, it registers 4.9V. When I plug in the USB cable there is a light that turns on on the main board. Also, I have not made any modifications to the software, it is 100% what you sent me initially.

When I connect the USB cable, I can see that a new Com port is assigned, are there any commands I can issue via a serial terminal to at least check the wheel motors to see if they are working? Since the screen is blank, is there a combination of directional key presses I can make to test the motors?

Are there any key points where I can check voltages to possibly identify a trouble area?

Now that I have byteboy, I am dedicated to get this working so that I can use them together. If I have t osend this back, I will but I am trying to avoid the $60.00 shipping cost.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

we’ve seen your post, @Monika_Tomljanovic will get back to you in the morning. Thank you very much for your patience.

One thing - reaching out to us via contact@circuitmess.com is always the best and fastest way to get support from us.

Thank you for supporting our work.

Hugs and kisses from CircuitMess HQ

1 Like

Thank you Albert!

Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

sorry for the late reply.

I’ve sent you an email! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Monika

Hi Monika,

I have sent you a couple emails asking if you have sent the new board yet, but I haven’t received any replies. Has it been sent? If so, I still have not received it. Is there a tracking number I can follow up woth?

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, we haven’t received any emails from you about the tracking number.
Please contact us at contact@circuitmess.com so we can help out.

Sincerely,
Monika

Monika,

What’s going on here? Your support clearly needs to be improved upon… Please see below for the email you sent me on 2/11/22 informing me that you were going to send me “a pre-soldered and tested electronic part of your device without the battery”. I promptly replied on 2/11/22 that I wanted that solution and provided you with all of my shipping information. Copy of email also below. So why are you asking me about tracking information? I have reached out to you on three additional times inquiring about the status of the new board and never received a reply.

So here it is, more than a month after you were going to send me a replacement board and it hasn’t even been shipped yet.

Also, please confirm that you have made arrangements NOT to send me Synthia, I do not want that item, as I have absolutely no interest in fake techno music. I have also sent a couple emails on this subject and you have not yet confirmed that it will not be sent to me.

Thanks,
Tom

From: Monika from CircuitMess monika.tomljanovic@circuitmess-d125cdff1804.intercom-mail.com

Sent: Friday, February 11, 2022 02:34 AM

To: tfoster@osubucks.com

Subject: Re: Wheelson Pictures

This message was sent to the following 2 people: Tom Foster, contact@circuitmess.com. Replying to this email will notify them.

Hi Tom,

I hope you’re doing great.

I wanted to answer you here about your question from the Community forum.

We want to send you a pre-soldered and tested electronic part of your device without the battery. Unfortunately, we cannot remotely check what’s wrong with the device in this situation.

We think this is the best way for you to enjoy the device you purchased and get to the coding part as soon as possible.

Let me know if this sounds good to you.

If yes, please send me your full name and surname, address, and telephone number so we can ship it to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Monika

My Reply, sent: Fri 02/11/22 07:16 PM

Hi Monika,

Thank you for the reply, I apologize if I came across as pushy, that was not my intent. I wasn’t sure if anyone was still monitoring my first post, that’s why I posted it again. Sorry if I caused any trouble!!!

Your proposed solution is great, but what do you want me to do with what I have? I feel terrible getting something for free but I do want to continue with this project.

Thank you so much for your offer, my information is below.

Hi Tom,

thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we never received your reply to our email asking for your address.
If we did receive that, we would immediately send you a part that was talked about.

However, we can ship you that part now.
Also, we would kindly ask you to edit this post and remove your address since this is a public post, and we don’t want your personal information to be available to everyone.

Regarding the question about Synthia. I’ve sent you an email about the possibilities of skipping that device but you never answered that email.
I kindly ask you to reply to that email so we know what to do.

Sincerely,
Monika

Hi Monika,

Has the new board been sent? CAn I get a tracking number?

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

thank you for your question.

We’ll send you a tracking link in a day or two.

Sincerely,
Monika

Monika - It’s been over a week and still no new board ot tracking number. Can you tell me what’s going on? I don’t know why you are making things so difficult, it’s a simple request. I don’t want to sound threatening, but if this is not resolved soon, I will be forced to take other action.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi @tefoster,

thank you for your message.

We have sent you the tracking number a week ago. Please, check your email and spam folder.

We’ve sent you once again the tracking link today.

Sincerely,
Monika

Thank you Monika. There is obviously something up with our email’s. I don’t have anything in my Spam/Trash from you but I do get some emails.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi @tefoster,

I’ve also sent you the tracking number in private DM here. Did you receive it?

Sincerely,
Monika

Monika,

Yes, I did get the tracking number but it doesn’t seem to be moving. I know that is not your fault and I will patiently wait. Thank you so much for getting things straightened out.

I don’t know what the email situation is but I only seem to get about 50% of them. They are not in my trash or spam folders, I just don’t get them.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi @tefoster,

Thank you for your reply.

Your package is currently in international transit, which can take up to a few weeks even. Once the package comes to the destination country, the delivery will be made in a few days.

About the emails, no problem, I’ll send you everything here in DMs since it seems like you have received everything I’ve sent you here.

Sincerely,
Monika

Thank you Monika, I appreciate your assistance! Have a nice weekend.

Tom

1 Like

Thank you, you too, Tom! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Monika