A few questions about my Makerbuino

Hi guys!
I will start by saying that this is the first time soldering for me :stuck_out_tongue:

• First question, regarding resistors:

As you can see looks like I’m missing the last resistor, the one that must be located on the R6 spot. Or did I just made a mistake with the others?

• Second question, regarding the speaker:

Allright, I’m 100% sure I used the wrong cables to connect the speaker to the PCB :joy: Could you guys explain me which one I should use?

Thank you and sorry for my really poor english.

Hi Nico,
Congratulations on your first soldering project.
Don’t worry, R6 is only needed for the headphone jack. So you only need it if you want to plug headphones in. Maybe it is hiding somewhere in your box.
The wires for the speakers must be insulated, you must not strip them.
When you’ve replaced the wires you should be ready to start playing :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Jez (UK)

Hi Jez, thank you!
Allright, I will unsolder the speaker’s wires and I’ll buy new ones. I will also look for that resistor in some electronic stores.

1 Like

Hi Nico,

In regards to the resistor, the one you have is slightly different to the one mentioned in the build guide but will still work perfectly, I received and have used the same one in my own console.

Hi Dalemaunder, thank you for the answer.
Allright, I’m going to solder the resistor I’ve got already (color: brown, black, black, black, brown). :+1:

Hey guys, I’d like to change the contrast but I really have no idea on how to do it lol. Could you help a newbie? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey @Nicodemo, you will be asked to adjust the contrast as soon as you turn the console off.
You can take a look at what that should look like at the end of Chapter 4 of the new build guide:

What is the status of your build? Did you manage to make some progress?

P.S. when asking a question or replying to someone, make sure to invoke them by writing @someone, that way that special someone will be notified via email