Circuitblocks not updating / working

I installed curcuitblocks on my mac book pro m1, 2021 with mac os 12.1 and everytime i start the appcation i get an error with says:
" Library update error. Please check your internet connection.
Try again / Continue without installing"

1 Like

Thank you for supporting circuitmess.

Please go to the homescreen, find the send error report button at the bottom of the screens press it, remember the number, send us a support ticket via contact@circuitmess.com and include the error report number.

We will look into it ASAP

Hi Albert, I have the same issue. :frowning: Hope it can be resolved soon!

1 Like

Hi @De_Rekenwinkel,

thank you for reaching out.

Please go to the homescreen, find the send error report button at the bottom of the screens press it, remember the number, send us a support ticket via contact@circuitmess.com and include the error report number.

Sincerely,
Monika from CircuitMess

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Support ticket filed with error report number.

1 Like

Hi there,

thank you for reaching out.

I replied to your email. Please check it out.

Sincerely,
Monika

The instructions to download the Arduino IDE worked. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!

Glad we could help! :slight_smile:

Hi there,

I am having issues with connecting Spencer to the circuit mess app. If you could me out that would be great. It was also showing an error eluding to the fact that there was a library update error and that I should check my internet connection. I clicked continue without installing and that lead to the former error. Please provide me with a solution for both the former and the latter. Error code 1171

Thanks for your time and hope to get a reply soon

1 Like

Hey @Greeling_Enjoyer,

thank you for reaching out and sending the error ID.

I forwarded the ID to our lead programmer, and he’ll check it out, and we’ll be back with the solution asap.

If you have any other questions about CircuitBlocks or Spencer, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Monika

Hello!

I’ve checked the error report you’ve sent, and the issue is that the arduino-cli backend, used for updating libraries and running sketches, couldn’t start. The error that is thrown by the tool is quite bizarre, saying that the $HOME environment variable isn’t defined, which shouldn’t be happening in any case.

Are you perhaps running CircuitBlocks in some sort of sandbox, or have an antivirus suite installed which might have an effect on the programs running on your machine?

Please let me know if you have any special or out-of-the-ordinary configurations on your machine, and I’ll try to help you find a solution to the issue.

Thanks,
Filip