Console not working

Hi!

I assembled the MakerBuino console. It passed the first test.
But, after that, it is not working as expected.
First, the checkup wizard did not appear. Only the blank screen.

In trying to solve the issue, the provided SD card was inserted into laptop and laptop reported that the SD card has problems and needed to be fixed. I copied the SD card to laptop, and, as found on web, to run the settings, I copied
the original LOADER.HEX, renamed the SETTINGS.HEX to LOADER.HEX and inserted SD card to MakerBuino and then the checkup wizard appeared and all the buttons checked OK.

Then I returned the original names and restored the LOADER.HEX but Maker Buino eiter loads the game list and after that can not start the selected game or in most cases the screen is blank.

I donnloaded the LOADER.HEX from your web, but that did not solve the problem.
Here is the photo of assembled MakerBuino:

The soldering was slow, because the provided soldering iron (pluged in wall charger of 2A output) was not hot enough all the time.

Can you please help with this problem?
Kind regards,
Emil

Hey there,

Thank you for supporting MAKERbuino and I am sorry for the problems that you’re experiencing

Please, send us the console to our address:
CircuitMess,
Maksimilijana Vrhovca 11,
47000 Karlovac,
Croatia

We cannot help you remotely any further so I’ll personally fix your console and get it returned to you.

You only need to send us the circuit board in order to make the package as light as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

About the soldering iron - that is pretty weird as it should be strong enough to solder all MAKERbuino’s pads with ease. Can you please show us what USB charger you were using?
Also, did you make sure to hold your finger on the tiny metal dot? That dot is the sensor where you should keep your finger and it will automatically turn off if you remove your finger from it for an extended period of time.

Sincerely,
Albert

Thank you for your support!

We did not know that we have to hold the finger on this metal dot while soldering.
This is not written in the leaflet that was in the box, and neither in the Building guide on the web.

It is a wonder that we managed to solder at all, pure luck. Of course, we did press several times this dot thinking maybe it was a switch, but eventually we stopped.

Ok, we will send you the PCB as you instructed.

Regards,
R
Emil

Thank you, please update me with a tracking number.

Thank you for the feedback, we will make sure to include that info in our future kit versions