Example Code not working

For some reason one of the example codes in the tutorials for the nibble does not work for me. The code is identical to the example but when I load it onto the nibble it just flickers white, If anyone has had this problem your help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is the code…

#include <Arduino.h>
#include <CircuitOS.h>
#include <Nibble.h>

Display* display;
Sprite* sprite;

void setup() {
Nibble.begin();
display = Nibble.getDisplay();
sprite = display->getBaseSprite();

}

void loop() {
sprite->clear(TFT_WHITE);
sprite->setTextSize(1);
sprite->setTextColor(TFT_BLACK);
display->commit();
sprite->drawString(“Now let’s change”, 5, 32);
sprite->setTextColor(TFT_RED);
sprite->drawString(“colors…”, 5, 48);
sprite->setTextFont(2);
sprite->drawString(“And font!”, 5, 56);
sprite->setTextSize(2);
sprite->drawString(“And SIZE!”, 5, 70);
display->commit();

}

1 Like

Hi there,

thank you for reaching out.

Can you please contact us via email at contact@circuitmess.com so our programmer can help you with the issue?

Sincerely,
Monika

I’ve got (what I think ) is a similar issue…

once the kit was built it worked fine
after installing circuitblocks and uploading a code project the LCD no longer displays anything.
I restored the original firmware (the nibble beeped at the end of the upload (I think)), but I’m still not getting anything on the display
I’ve tried multiple sketches to the same effect, and copied example code (in the first steps https://circuitmess.com/resources/guides/en/cb-nibble/cb-nibble-2-8) but this is the same too.
am I missing something?
how do I restore the nibble to working order?

2 Likes

Hi @bunjatec,

We sent your problem to our programmer and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Monika

This may be relevant but I’m having issues during install (on 2 different PCs with different internet connections) updating libraries.
could this be a root cause?

1 Like

I’ve also just tried flashing Anarch (Doom-like FPS)
I flashed the .bin via the ESP8266 download tool to 0x0000 and I’m getting nothing still.
Do you have a .bin for the original firmware available that I can flash in? or any thing else I should try to bring this back to life?
I think the original binaries for the device should be available via the resources perhaps with instructions to reflash, just to help those struggling to get back to the original state.

are there bootloader binaries that should be included too?

1 Like

Hi @bunjatec,

thank you for your comments.

You can send me your email in DM, and I can send you a file you can try to upload to make your code work.

Also, we have sent all of the questions to our development team, and they’ll get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Monika

Hi, I DM’d my e-mail address, I guess you’ve not got any binaries for me yet as I’ve not seen any e-mails.

1 Like

Hi there,

I’ve sent you an email one hour ago.

Will try again right now.

Sincerely,
Monika

I miss typed it. I’ve DM’d you the correct one.

Hi!
I think I am experiencing a similar issue. I assembled my Nibble yesterday and it worked perfectly fine, I tried the games and everything worked well.
Then I tried the tutorial and when I uploaded the program the screen turned black and nothing hapened. I tried to reboot, same result. I tried to reupload, reinstall the firmware with CircuitBlocks, checked the program, still not working.
I checked the soldered joints, everything seems ok, there is a blue led on the board when I switch the Nlbble on.
I just hear a beep about 1 minute after plugging the Nibble to my laptop.

Any idea about what I can do ?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Hi @MorganLmd,

Our development team is working on removing the issue.

The update should be pushed today during the day on CircuitBlocks.

Thank you for your patience,
Monika

1 Like

Hi everyone! :slight_smile:

Our development team pushed an update in CircuitBlocks for Nibble, and it should run as soon as you run CircuitBlocks! :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Monika from CircuitMess

2 Likes

It works !! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know @MorganLmd! :slight_smile: