Garbage output on Makerbuino display

Hello,

our Makerbuino is displaying the splash screen correctly but afterwards its just showing
random pixels. Without the SD card, the “insert SD card” screen is displayed properly.

Any ideas?

Some background (maybe related):

Apparently when assembling the Makerbuino we did something wrong. The backlight was too dim.

Apart from that, the Makerbuino was working fine.

After about one hour of playing, the display went off. We checked the soldering and adjusted some stuff. Now the backlight is normal but we have the problem described above.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Hey Michael,

Thank you for supporting MAKERbuino and I am sorry for the problems that you’re having.

Please, can you post a few photos of your MAKERbuino’s front and back side without the casing attached?

Please don’t worry, we’ll help you make your MAKERbuino work!

Hi Albert,

thank you for making Makerbuino and for your kind support.

Here are some images of the board (sorry for the ugly soldering):

Best regards,

Michael

Hey Michael,

Thank you for the photos!

Can you please resolder the contacts on the SD card socket and make sure that none of them are shorted?

Hello Albert,

ok, I tried that and hope it looks better now (see image below). Neither of them seem to be shorted.

Unfortunately, the problem persists.

Oddly, only the game menu (Is that the loader?) is showing garbage.
If I blindly select and start a game, it is being displayed perfectly.

Best regards,

Michael

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for reworking your soldering joints and I am sorry that the problem is still present.

Please, send us the console to our address:
CircuitMess,
Maksimilijana Vrhovca 11,
47000 Karlovac,
Croatia

We cannot help you remotely any further so I’ll personally fix your console and get it returned to you.

You only need to send us the circuit board in order to make the package as light as possible.

Thank you for your understanding!