Perpetually disconnected Ringo

Hello.

I have run into an issue, now that Iā€™m getting started, and I have not been able to find the answers in other threads. My phone does not seem to connect with my Mac. Robert has linked to a thread in this thread:

But unfortunately it did not help. Now Iā€™ve begun to wonder, if Iā€™ve not connected properly. Iā€™ve connected my charger cable with my USB-port (Iā€™ve tried both ports). Am I supposed to do something else/more?

Something else Iā€™ve wondered - I neither have an SD or SIM-card. Are these required for connecting my phone with my Mac?

I hope you can help me with my issue.

Kind regards

Hey Niels,

No, neither SIM or SD card are needed for this.
You should just connect it and everything should work fine, however some Macs do have connectivity issues for no apparent reason, and with a lot of other devices as well.

What you can do is try to switch the cable. Maybe the cable is broken or doesnā€™t work for data transfer for some reason. If you have more than one, test all of them, and one of them might work.

Thatā€™s the only thing I can think of right now, but weā€™ll think of something else if it doesnā€™t work! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Robert