Ringo Case Modifications

Hi guys,
I got the casing vector files from another post and converted them a couple of times to get a useful file type and uploaded the objects to tinkercad.com
I have so far only printed one case that is caution stripe yellow and black and has worked out quite well.

These prints were done in a yellow part and black part and then glued together.
All printed on an Anet A8 that has a print bed 220mm x 220mm

I have made the tinkercad files public:
Caution stripes https://www.tinkercad.com/things/41l9GfdCKRL
Xmas Candy stripes https://www.tinkercad.com/things/71SGixAmv43
Clear case https://www.tinkercad.com/things/iXbt6lxo918

More to come later . . .


Ok I just made a design for one similar to one of the proposed slotted designs they had
Horizontal Slots https://www.tinkercad.com/things/99B1SYtRHE3
Angled Slots https://www.tinkercad.com/things/jgWSAnERik5


Excellent job!

We’re also working on a couple of interesting things in Tinkercad (such a great and simple tool) so we’re going to share that with everyone when it’s finished.

That yellow and black one reaaaaally looks amazing!

What did you use to glue it together?


I just used a modeling plastic glue from Games Workshop.
It worked well


Wow, this is neat!

@robertCM can you please share this on our social media and give @Coyote72 a couple of badges :slight_smile:


I used the models for the laser-cut case pieces (casings.zip) that @albertgajsak posted , and @Blixten’s spacer to make a 3D-printed bottom case. http://russnelson.com/case-1.0.scad

Could use some improvements, like breaking the back edge with a slight curve, creating actual 45 degree holes for the screw heads, adding holes or integral buttons for the reset and ON buttons. Oh, and it needs holes to let the RGB LEDs light go through the case. I have a two-color printer. I might try printing those holes in translucent plastic to act as a diffuser.

It’s also up on https://github.com/RussNelson/ringo

But it’s a start.


Thanks @Coyote72 for the caution stripe idea, I just had to make something similar, and since I had yellow spare aesthetic casing, I just masked and spray painted black stripes on it.

The observant will notice that I spray painted the front plate on the wrong side, oops…
So I had to redo it, but on the correct side this time.
But it turned out okej.

Maybe I should have used less wide masking tape to get more stripes.

Thanks again.