Screen stopped working

8uri

1m

ï„‘

My 10 year old son put the Makerbuino together, and it was working fine, but then the screen stopped working, and only the backlights work. I have tried the C button reset but this has not worked. Can anyone help as he is very keen to use it! Thank you in advance.

@8uri,

Thank you for supporting MAKERbuino and I am sorry for the problems that you’re experiencing.

Please, can you send us a few photos of your MAKERbuino’s front and back side with the casing detached?
We really cannot help you without seeing your device.

Also, please note that you need to have the SD card inserted while performing a hard reset.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Hi Albert,

thank you for responding so quickly. The SD card was inserted when I tried the reset. I will attach the pictures you asked for, any advice you can give will be gratefully received!

thank you

@8uri,

Thank you for the photos.

Hmmm… there are no visible defects and everything seems to be soldered correctly.

Please, try this

1. charge your device
  2. reinsert the SD card a few times and try doing a hard reset again. Sometimes dust particles cause poor connection.

Also, place the left switch in the leftmost position and tell me whether you hear the startup sound upon power-on.

Thanks!

Hi Albert,

Thank you for emailing on a Sunday! I have take out the SD card a couple of times and put in in and tried the reset, but the screen is still not working. I had the three tone noise on about five seconds after I released the c button.

Thank you,

Huw

Hi @8uri,

Please, send the console to our address:

CircuitMess,
Maksimilijana Vrhovca 11,
47000 Karloac,
Croatia

We really cannot help you any more remotely like this. I’ll personally take a look at your console and return in to you fixed ASAP.

You only need to send the PCB without the casing in order to keep the package weight low.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Albert

Hi Albert,

I will send the package today. Thank you for all your assistance.

Many thanks,

Huw

@8uri,

Thank you very much!

I’ll look into it as soon as it arrives.

Hi Albert,

Did you receive the package yet?

Thanks,

Huw

Received yesterday, will look into it ASAP.

Thanks!

Hi Albert,

have you had a chance to look at it yet?

kind regards,

Huw

Hi Albert,

Received it back today, thank you for working your magic. What was the issue?

Kind regards,

Huw

Hey @8uri, I really cannot recall as we’re in lots of hassle here in our HQ.

Although, I think the screen just died out of no reason. TBH we’re not satisfied with Nokia screens and are going to switch to a new type of screen as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding! :slight_smile:

If you need anything else, feel free to contact us here