SD card not recognized [SOLVED]

Upload any of the examples included in the Gamebuino library. Youā€™ll end up in the title screen. Press the C-Button and it should flash the LOADER.HEX located on the SD card. This way you can test if it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked because I havenā€™t re-soldered the display: if there are problems anyway Iā€™ll have to detach it
Iā€™ll make something tonight/tomorrow lets see

Canā€™t get display as of now, but I can hear the gameā€™s sound

@0x1001, youā€™re making things way too complicated.

This looked like a simple soldering issue to me as there is no way there could be 4 unconnected traces on the PCB.

1. you didnā€™t have to desolder the SD socket and connect the wires directly to the SD card
  2. Desoldering the screen was unnecessary and not a good idea

My suggestion is that you send us your unit and I will fix it and return it to you.

Well desoldering was my last resort, I tried many things but it wasnā€™t working
Thank you guys for the assistance, Iā€™m going to ship it monday

1 Like

Ok, please update me after you ship the unit. I will try to look into it and fix it ASAP.

Cheers!

Got back the Gamebuino this morning and it works fine, youā€™re awesome!

1 Like

Iā€™m glad that this is solved, I was personally fixing your device and the solution was quite simple - I just replaced the SD card socket.
I am still not sure what caused the issue, maybe it was caused by the SD socket being defective in the first place or was damaged in the transportation/assembly process.

Anyways, thank you for your patience and supporting MAKERbuino!

Iā€™ll mark the topic as solved.
Keep making :slight_smile:!

1 Like

I had a problem with the SD card too. I found this thread quite helpful, but the image above, with the wiring, seems to be wrong. Also the numbering on the PCB is wrong, isnā€™t it? The pins should be 1 to 14 and 15 to 28, right?

@ben_el_dude, the pin number is wrong, you are correct.

We will correct that in Q1 2019ā€™s hardware update.

Thank you for your understanding