Settings screen after flashing [SOLVED]

Hi guys!
I’ve assembled my set and everything works fine except this one tiny problem:
When I start MAKERbuino I get settings screen, I press button C and I get “Flashing loader” screen. It stays there for around 15-20 seconds and then it returns me back to settings screen. That way I cannot get to game selection screen.
I’m not sure what is the source of the problem. Is it a software bug, bad SD card, or something else. Maybe someone here knows a little bit more.

P.S. I’ve also tried with hard reset and “blowing” SD card methods.

Have you tried to inspect the SD Card using a PC? Maybe the LOADER.HEX-file is missing.

1 Like

When I try inspecting microSD card I see the LOADER.HEX file, but when I try inspecting microSD card through the adapter I get an error. I’ll try to get a new SD adapter and try with the new one.

@Brackets, welcome to the forum and thank you for supporting MAKERbuino.

I am sorry for the issues that you’re experiencing.

This sounds like a problem caused by a poor contact between the microcontroller and the SD card socket.
All SD adapters and SD cards are being tested by our team before being sent to the customers.

Please, send us some photos of your device’s front and back side so that we can examine your soldering joints.

Thanks!

Here are the images:

Also an update: I’ve downloaded a couple of games from http://legacy.gamebuino.com/wiki/index.php?title=Games and placed .hex files on SD card and it works now. I get a game selection screen now with games I’ve downloaded.

1 Like

Hey @Brackets,

thank you for your update and the photos.

Everything looks soldered quite well. The SD card socket data pins could be improved a bit.

So, you’re saying that you have the SD card functionality now?
I’m a bit confused, was your SD card blank?

Also, did you know that you can download the games here:

And that you can find a ZIP file with all the SD card games here:

Thank you, Everything looks fine now. I’m quite frankly not sure what happened but it’s fixed now. Feel free to mark this one as solved :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

Great news, marking it right now!

Also, male sure to share some photos of your working device with the rest of us here :slight_smile: