Synthia Board problem?

My son and I are building the Synthia board together, and we have a light that always reports on, even if the button isn’t in place. It’s the first socket on the left side of the board, when powered Synthia shows it light-up/ connected.

Is there a way to troubleshoot this on the board or see what the issue is?

In further testing, it seems there is a short in the board. How can we test and resolve this?

1 Like

Hey @zaiden,

could you please send us a few photos of the PCB (both front and back, without the casings)?

Thank you in advance,
Monika

Here’s the pictures I’ve gotten. Please let me know if you need more.

When we activate, the button on the lower left (front of board) seems to always be pressed. Scrolling the piano scroll twist lights the lights up each section and the LED indicator is yellow. Depressing the button itself doesn’t do anything. However, if the board flexes a little bit the light changes to green and can turn off the triggerd indicators. I can get a video of that if you’d like.

Can only embed one per post. So a few more posts 2/3

Post 3/3 with images.

Thank you for sending the photos! Everything seems alright with the soldering joints. We’ll send you another PCB that’s already presoldered so you can try with that one.

Could you send us your name and surname, address, and a phone number to contact@circuitmess.com? Please don’t write them here as this is open for everyone to see.