Wheelson Stopped Working

Hi All,

I put Wheelson together and everything worked fine. I haven’t touched it in weeks and when I tried to turn it on today, it won;t light up. I put it on the charger overnight and there is a blue light but it still won’t turn on. What can I do to troubleshoot it? I don’t know where to start. I know I built it correctly because it used to work.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi @tefoster,

thank you for your support! :slight_smile:
Also, sorry to hear that your Wheelson stopped working.

Can you please send us photos of front and the back of your device without the casing via email to contact@circuitmess.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible?

Sincerely,
Monika from CircuitMess

Hi,

I haven’t followed up on this for a while now. Anyway, I went to the post office today and it was almost $60.00 US to ship it back to you. Before I do that can you give me a couple troubleshooting idea’s? Like I said earlier, this thing used to work perfectly, I let it sit for a while and plugged it and it was dead. My immediate thought is the battery is dead, but checking it with a multimeter, it registers 4.9V. When I plug in the USB cable there is a light that turns on on the main board. Also, I have not made any modifications to the software, it is 100% what you sent me initially.

When I connect the USB cable, I can see that a new Com port is assigned, are there any commands I can issue via a serial terminal to at least check the wheel motors to see if they are working? Since the screen is blank, is there a combination of directional key presses I can make to test the motors?

Are there any key points where I can check voltages to possibly identify a trouble area?

Now that I have byteboy, I am dedicated to get this working so that I can use them together. If I have t osend this back, I will but I am trying to avoid the $60.00 shipping cost.

Thanks,
Tom

1 Like

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the late reply.

I’ve sent you an email reply to our previous conversation.

Sincerely,
Monika