Destroyed my PCB [SOLVED]

Hi guys!

I just received my two MAKERbuinos and it turned out that both of my ATmega328 chips were not programmed with the bootloader. Thanks to various posts here I was able to burn the bootloader using two Arduions.

Unfortunately I found out after a lot of soldering/unsoldering where I in the end destroyed three pads on one of my PCBs (soldering iron to hot?) when removing the female connector for the screen (pictures hopefully at the end of my post). :sob: To make things even worse, two of these pads are for the very same pin (both sides). :roll_eyes:

Any chance I can fix that? If not, is it possbile to just order a new PCB?

Many thanks for input in advance!

I know Albert can send you a new PCB, might be easiest if you just mail him. I think the address is contact@makerbuino.com. Do be aware they seem a little swamped with support requests, so it might take a little while for them to answer.

@frappe That PCB doesnā€™t look like it can be repaired or very easily Iā€™m afraid, like @Gemberkoekje says that needs a new PCB.

I hope @albertgajsak actually starts selling just the PCB soon or if not in the near futureā€¦

It should be hackable with wires and the connexctions bitfogav pointed here: MAKERbuino Not Working

2 Likes

Thanks for your input, Iā€™ll try to fix with wires as mentioned by @Tom in the first place!

Short update: I was able to make the required connections using two wires as mentiones by @Tom - now my MAKERbuino works like a charm, thanks to everyone for your help!

1 Like

@frape, well done! Youā€™ve just earned the DIY badge.
Show us your working MAKERbuino! Pics or it didnā€™t happen :slight_smile:

@Tom, @Gemberkoekje, @bitfogav, thank you for helping @frape out.

@bitfogav, I was already thinking about selling blank PCBs but I am not quite sure whether people would be interested in that. Maybe I can offer it on the shop and see whether the folks are interestedā€¦

I will mark this topic as [SOLVED]

@albertgajsak Yes please do put some on the shop page, I know I would be interested in just the PCB for doing my own projects and hacks/modsā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@albertgajsak I wouldnā€™t be against seeing everything in the kit individually for sale on the store, you never know what people might want more of and itā€™ll save them the hassle of personally contacting you or trying to find things through different sources.

I also burnt pin 1 od T1(2N2222 Transistor), would i still work? or do i need to fix it???

@bitfogav, I think Iā€™ll offer blank PCBs in the shop as soon as I manage to create a new shop item (possibly today).
@Dalemaunder, that is quite a good ideaā€¦ Iā€™ll discuss that with my colleagues. I also had an idea of creating this so called ā€œMAKERbuino electronics rookie packā€ or ā€œMAKERbuino fat-fingers packā€. That would be a pack made especially for people with little skill in electronics and soldering and would come with extra components (probably the components that are most likely going to be broken by a user).

1 Like