How do I add more games on my Nibble?

How do i add more games withput loosing my launcher and games inside?

2 Likes

Hi Ivan!

If you’re thinking about the games that you can program yourself in CircuitBlocks/ArduinoIDE, that option is not possible yet. We’re still working on an implementation of that feature and it should be available somewhat soon. :smiley:

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

Interested to know if there’s any progress on this?

That would be great user-friendly option!

Another option (less user-friendly) would be to enable us to build firmware from source code: start from the Nibble firmware source code, add our own stuff in it (our games), add icon(s) to the launcher screen, build it and upload it to Nibble). Do you plan to publish firmware source code for Nibble?

Have you already seen https://github.com/CircuitMess ? I haven’t dug into the repo enough to know if there’s a skeleton you can add onto or not.

hello,
i would like to bump up this thread.
i just purchased and built 3 nibbles for my kids. they are really happy!

we are struggling with finding information on how to program new games and/or download games from the community.
it would be great if there was a tutorial on how to do this.

i can see activity in the forum (and other forums) where games are published, however i cannot find any tutorial on how to connect the Nibble to my PC and how to copy over the source codes so the game can be launched and played on the Nibble.

Also, one of the reasons i purchased these kits was because it was marketed as having the ability to program new games… i surely hope this is possible!

thank you

Hey there @nibbledad, thank you for supporting our project and for reaching out!

You can find out more on how to program your Nibble here and here.

Hope this helps!

Dora from the CM

Hey! There is a new topic that I tried to resolve that hopefully would work
Here it is:
https://community.circuitmess.com/t/my-games-on-home-screen/4199/8

Thanks for sharing your work :slight_smile: