Completed the MAKERbuino kit yourself? We want to know

Hi,

this is the christmas present of my 10 year old boy.

He mostly assambled it on his own. My part was just sitting there watching him assembling all the stuff. Nevertheless, we had a great time together, but meanwhile there are discussions who is the next to play with the makerbuino. Maybe I need to order some more…:grin:.

Are you still planning a contest for a designing an enclosure? I already have some ideas how this could look like.

At last one question. Are you at MakerFaire Vienna again this year? Was nice talking to the"Party Monster" named Albert :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

BR and greetings from Vienna
Alex

1 Like

@a.bauer1983, congratulations, your MAKERbuino looks splendid!

We do plan to make some contests soon, but I cannot promise anything as our focus now is on surviving CES (the biggest consumer electronics show in the world), where we’re exhibiting next week.

Yes, MF Vienna is a must-go for 2018 and we’re going to party hard :wink:

P.S. thank you for supporting MAKERbuino!

Hi Albert, This was a fantastically fun project to build and I found the instructions easy to follow although I’m quite expirienced at soldering. I’ve been spreading the word at work as well about what fun it is ro get others to join in. I’ve also downloaded the Arduino development environment to develop some games.

1 Like

@LeafFrog, your MAKERbuino looks amazing!

Thank you for spreading the word and supporting the project. I’ll see you around at the community forum :wink:

And another one enters the world! It’s gone together as the (new) instructions showed and been a very pleasant easy days tinkering. Next thing to do is brighten those buttons up a bit and customise, then maybe have a crack at writing a first ever game. But for now having fun with the ones installed. Great idea Albert and a great Christmas gift for me.

Thanks Colin

1 Like

Greetings from outside of Boston in the USA! I finished my build this week, and I really enjoyed it.

Congratulations on producing a great product with wonderfully detailed instructions. I’ve already gotten to work on learning the game development APIs.

Best,
-Mike

2 Likes

@mfurtak, congratulations, your MAKERbuino-making skills are top-notch :smile:

I’m looking forward to seeing you make cool games and I’ll see you around at the forum.

You’ve just earned a couple of shiny badges!

Hi Albert,

There are three of your MAKERbuino’s at work now. We connected two of them together for multiplay during the lunch break and played some of the two up games. We connected GND, I2C_SDA and I2C_SCL between the two machines and things worked perfectly. Unfortunately the MAKERbuino is very addictive when it comes to playing games so I haven’t done much development of my own yet.

2 Likes

@LeafFrog, your MAKERbuinos look super-sleek, congratulations!

Thank you for supporting MAKERbuino (times three!). :slight_smile:

I do hope that you’ll grow tired from playing space invaders every day and get down to developing anytime soon :smile:

Hi All !
Just finished my esterday! It was my first soldering expereance and it was really nice one. Thanks makerbuino team for this to be possible. Really hope there will be more kits like this (MAKERbuino meta :crossed_fingers:)

1 Like

@drune, welcome to the forum and thank you for supporting MAKERbuino!

Neat! Your MAKERbuino looks splendid! :slight_smile:

I’ll see you around at the forum.
Keep making!

Makerbuino works great. Took 21 minutes to build start to finish. Thanks!

Only complaint is it has the loudest buttons I have ever heard in my life… lol.

Finally got it working after a minor setback! I’m so happy! :smiley:

2 Likes

After a bit of drama, it’s working xD. Planning to confuse the commuters on my train (in the UK, on my way to London) with it playing blocksbuino tomorrow.

hoping to sometime translate beeptunes to it (https://github.com/ShaneMcC/beeps?files=1)

1 Like

@gazzat5, congrats on your build! :slight_smile:

Oh and I’d love to see (and hear) the beeptunes on the MAKERbuino so keep us posted :slight_smile:

This is a great kit and instructions are easy to follow. Everything worked first time and I’m now looking forward to programming it!

!

1 Like

1 Like

More photos (As a new user I can only post one image per post and only 3 posts to a topic)

1 Like

@Rabbit80, congrats on your build and I’ll see you around at the forum :slight_smile:
Oh, and you’ve just earned some snazzy badges :smile: